Monday, October 13, 2014

The Bell of Misery

Okay, so I just got out with the doctor. He said I have minor injuries and it will take up to 6 months of recovery, for the burn to completely go away, but it will feel regular in the next 2 weeks. So, that's good. They will release me from the hospital in a couple hours, when my mom picks me up. Thank the heavens!! 2 hours left!! 2 hours left. 2 hours...Help me!! Okay, it's not half bad. Sarah in my class showed up. I saw her walking down the hallway, passing my room. "Hey, Sarah!" I yelled from my bed. She looked confused and looked into my room. "Maya?" she said, confused to see me in a bed. "Hey!" I said. "W-What are you doing here? What happened?" she asked. "I got burned last night on a stupid sticky 400 degree pan" I said. She raised her eyebrows in shock. "Oh, wow" she said. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm visiting my great-grandpa" she said. "Oh, lucky" I said. She laughed. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Watching this stupid show and on my smart phone" I said. "Oh, cool" she said. "I'll see ya around" she said and turned to walk out. "Wait!" I yelled. "What?" I she asked. "I know what we can do" I said. She looked at me, raised her eyebrows, trying not to laugh. "What?" she asked. I looked at the wheelchair beside my bed and made that face I did at Lucas when I was about to sing that Ranger-Rick song. "Really?" she asked confused. "Uh huh..." I said mischeviously. I got out of my bed and got into the wheelchair. "Let's rock and roll!" I said. "Are we allowed to be doing this?" she asked, grabbing the handles of the wheelchair. "Duh, I'm a patient. They'll give me anything I want to get me to stop ringing this bell and yelling 'Room Service!! I've been doing that all morning" I laughed. "Okay" she said. She pulled the wheelchair out of the room and started running down the hallways. We almost ran into an old man in crutches. He was not pleased. After a while, a nurse came up to us. "Girls, girls!" she yelled softly. "What are you doing? This isn't a jungle gym" she said. "You, back to your room" she said to me. "Fine" I said as I pulled out the bell I rang when I called for room service and I jingled it. "Oh..." the nurse said disappointed. "Carry on, Mrs. Hart" she said walking away. "That actually works!?" Sarah asked surprised. "Uh huh!" I said. We began rushing down the hallways when we ran into Sarah's mom. "Sarah! What do you think your doing!?" her mom asked madly. "I'm hanging out with Maya. Don't worry, she's allowed to do this" Sarah said. "Are you sure?" her mom asked. "Yeah, ask the nurse" Sarah said. "Oh, you bet I will be" Sarah's mom said walking ahead of us. "Let's go" she said to us. Sarah walked the wheelchair to the front desk, following behind her mom. "Excuse me?" she said to the doctor. "Yes?" he replied. "Is my daughter allowed to be pushing this girl around in her wheelchair through the hallways?" she asked. I showed the doctor the bell from behind Sarah's mom's back. She didn't see what I was doing. The doctor saw the bell and his eyes went large. "Umm, yes. They are allowed" he said. I quickly put away the bell before Sarah's mom looked back at us. Both me and Sarah smiled at her guiltily. "Okay, I'll be with grandpa in his room, Come when your ready Sarah" her mom said. When we mom walked away, we both bursted out in laughter. "Okay, okay! Let's go do something else" I said. She pushed my wheelchair through the hallways for a while. We passed by a room, and heard a mother giving birth. We quickly walked away from that. Then we got back to my room. We watched TV and played on our phones, like I am right now. She is sitting on one half of my bed and I am on the other. We are watching Dog with a Blog. Auggie would be disappointed. So, now that is where this story ends. I will be able to go home at 4pm. I am excited to get out of here soon. Sarah said her mom will pick her up and take her back to her house within this hour. So, I have a little bit longer with her. Might as well enjoy it. When she's gone, I will try and put myself out of my misery and ding the room service bell over and over. It is the bell of misery. The doctors misery. Check back on The 99 Problems of Maya Hart again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment