Sunday, October 5, 2014

Just the Ordinary Orphan

So, today we finally went swimming. It was like a rollercoaster. No, seriously. It was up and then it was down and then it was up again and then it ended back down. So, first of all everything was going normally and everything was going as planned. Until Riley and Lucas were going around together to get a rise out of me and Farkle, just because Farkle had to save me from drowning, and they were mad about that. Me and Farkle told them how awkward that was and I said "We didn't just come here together, to do this" and then the next thing you know, Farkle's got my wrist and is dragging me in the other direction, away from them. Then we all stayed away from each other for like nearly hours on end. Then Auggie and Mrs. Matthews both tried to talk to Riley, but she crabbed at both of them. So, they gave up and left her alone. Then Mrs. Matthews was holding Auggie's hand and came up to the hot tub where I was and motioned at me to come to them. I got up and went up to them. "Were all gonna stay together, Maya, okay?" Mrs. Matthews said. "Okay" I agreed. So, me and the Matthews Family, discluding Riley (Mr. and Mrs. Matthews and Auggie) and we all went down the thunder run. Auggie went with Mrs. Matthews and I went with Mr. Matthews. Then we all went to jump into the pool. The first jump, it was all 4 of us. We all held hands and jumped in at the same time. Then the next jump, Mr. Matthews jumped in first. Then I grabbed Auggie's hand and we jumped in together. When we came back up from underwater, Mr. Matthews grabbed onto both me and Auggie because neither of us can swim. Then Mrs. Matthews jumped in after us and then she took Auggie back to the ladder and Mr. Matthews took me back. Then Mr. Matthews went and got Riley to join us. Then we went where it was Mr. Matthews, he jumped in first. Then me and Riley both got on one side of Auggie and we jumped in. Mr. Matthews grabbed onto me and Auggie. Then Mrs. Matthews jumped in and took Auggie back to shore, Riley swam on her own and Mr. Matthews took me back to shore. Then Riley was too cold, so Mr. Matthews took her to the hot tub. Me, Mrs. Matthews and Auggie were all doing jumps, on our own. Then we went to check on Riley and Mr. Matthews. They weren't ready to leave the hot tub, so we all stayed for 10 minutes. Then we all went on the thunder run. "Let's go in groups of 2" Riley said. There were 5 of us, and I knew exactly who would be alone. She was trying to like almost kick me out and it was almost like she was bragging that she had a family and trying to prove meanly, that they were her family and not mine. Auggie and Mrs. Matthews said they'd go together and Riley and Mr. Matthews said they'd go together. So, I was left out. After a few runs, I decided to just walk away. Everything that came out of Riley's mouth, was bragging she had a family, trying to kick me out, or proving that they are her family and not mine. So, I left. I went and sat in the hot tub, crying that I had no family and the best friend who used to be crushed so badly that I didn't have a family who cares for me, now was trying to prove to me she had a family and I didn't. So, I wandered around and cried and tried to just keep getting wet until you couldn't tell my tears from water drops in the pool. The Matthews Family were all happily having fun on the slide, leaving me out. So, I didn't talk to anyone for a while. I hadn't spoken in hours. So, my voice felt naturally shut and so did my mouth. Nothing really happened after that. Not to mention that I am also fighting with my friend at school, so I don't even have her. Also, Farkle and me split up at the pool because I remembered he never even sincerly apologized for offending me so hardly last night. And also, apparently from what Auggie told me, Lucas is more mad at me than he should be, so even though he's in my class, it doesn't even matter anyway. So, Riley's gone, Farkle's gone, Lucas's gone and even my friend's gone. I know I said even my friend, like it's shocking that she fights with me, and that used to be Riley. I used to say "and even Riley!!" like it was so shocking she and I were fighting. Now, she is the only one who shocks me. Apparently, she's my only real friend if she's the one who amazes me that she is fighting with me. Well, I don't have her anyway, so who cares about that!? So, I am alone. All alone. I may just hangout with random popular girls in my class. If that's how it's gonna go, that's how it's gonna go. I'm used to this, it doesn't surprise me, I'm not disappointed. Only in Riley. The fact that I'm alone in general, doesn't surprise or disappoint me. So, I'll live. I've lived like this for the past 12 years. So, why not make a bigger habbit of it? So, this is the part when I say, check back soon on The 99 Problems of Maya Hart, new posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment