Saturday, October 4, 2014

Change Can Clearly Be a Good Thing!

Okay, so tonight was the best night of my life! We went to First Alliance Church of New York City and it was amazing!! At first, me and Farkle were walking around together, exploring the chruch. Then we got into the Grade's 7-9 program, the Youth Program and it was behind 2 weird garage-like doors. Then when it started, the guy who ran the program's name was Cory and Riley said "My dad's name is Cory!" and he asked if it was spelt like his, and it was so he high-fived Riley. Then when it started, the worship was like the worship at Camp Belwood. They even did one of Camp Belwood's songs! It was so great! Then Me and Farkle were together and Lucas randomly told me to go with him and Riley. Me and Riley kinda made up in there somewhere. Then, Cory gave the message which was about the 8 beatitudes, what me and Lucas did our Little Vanessa project based on. I heard the whole lesson before! During the lesson, Farkle was crying his eyes out on the ground and he was heartbroken, I could see it. Then after it was "Small Group Time" which me and Riley didn't know what it meant. So, we asked Cory what our group we were in. "What Grade are you in?" he asked. "Seven" I said. "Okay, where are the Grade 7 Girls?" Cory yelled. The Grade 7 girls happily raised their hands. "Over there, girls" Cory said. He sent us to the group. "Hi, I'm Kaelyn, what's your names?" the leader (who was about 17-19 years old) asked. "Maya" I said. "Riley" Riley said. "Riley and Maya, I'll remember that" she said. "I'm not good with names" she added. "She's really not!" some of the other Grade 7 Girls added. "Are you guys sisters?" one of the girls asked. "No" I replied. "Best friends?" another girl asked. "Yup!" me and Riley both said. "I know what it's like to have a best friend and do everything together!" Kaelyn said. Riley immediately agreed with Kaelyn. So, us and the Grade 7 Girls all went to a table near the side of the room. "Okay, first let's intoduce ourselves and say our favorite animal" the other leader, Lindsey said. "Okay, so I'm Kaelyn and my favorite animal is a dolphin" Kaelyn said. Riley was right next to her. "I'm Riley and my favorite animal is a fish" she said. "My favorite ani--" I began to say until Riley cut me off. "Your name's Maya" Riley said. "Yeah, my name's Maya" I said quickly. "My favorite animal's a ferret, because I have a ferret named Ginger" I said. "Your awesome!" the girl on the other side of Lindsey said. I laughed. Then was the girl beside me, who was Kaelyn. "I'm Kaelyn, and my favorite animal is...hmmm, I like dolphins mostly, but I don't wanna steal Lindsey's" Kaelyn said. "We can both be dolphins" Lindsey said. They both agreed and moved onto the next girl. "I'm Lauren and my favorite animal is..." Okay, I forget all the other girls' favorite animals, so I'll just say the names. It was Lauren, the next girl was so shy, she didn't want to say a thing, so they didn't make her. Then it was Callie, then Kayley, then Nicole, then Mikayla. Then we had to say something that happened to us over the past week. Riley told the story about the leisure center. I told the story about how I took Ginger on a walk on my leash to Riley's house and back. Then the other girls told their stories, I can't remember all of their stories. So, then we started talking about times that we showed generosity. I told the story of today, how I don't really like Farkle, but I tried to help him anyway. Riley told the story about how she made Auggie lunch today. Again, I forget everyone else's. Then at the end, we had to each make a prayer request and we had to pray for someone else's. I was going to pray for Lauren's grandparents who went to Turkey, but Kayley said that she wanted to pray for them too. So, we compermised and she prayed for Lauren's grandma and I prayed for Lauren's grandpa. Except in the middle of my prayer, this is what I said "Dear God, thank you for this day and please I pray for Nicole's grandpa in Turkey...." and suddenly everyone started laughing. I was thinking "What's so funny!? I'm praying!" and then I realized, I said Nicole's grandpa, when I should've said Lauren's. I started bursting out in laughter and so did everyone else. It was hilarous! Then at the end, we met up with Mr. and Mrs. Matthews and we all headed home. Riley and Farkle worked things out in the car, as Farkle has been crying his eyes out for the past 4 hours and Riley finally took care of him. I'm still mad at Lucas for being mean to me, but Farkle was crying his eyes out and Riley's too nice, so she and Farkle worked things out. Then me and Riley already did, so the only person I'm still mad at is Lucas. So, that was our first trip to First Alliance Church, New York City! Here is a picture of the amazing place:


Well, that's First Alliance Church, the best place with the nicest people! I love it and I can't wait to go back! I am so glad we are not going back to our old church. Were having some problems with them, they are kinda jerks. So, we don't wanna attend their church anymore. First Alliance is definently better. Change can clearly be a good thing! Next Weekend, I will have another First Alliance Church story to tell you, so stay tuned and keep up with The 99 Problems of Maya Hart!

No comments:

Post a Comment