Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Once Again, Totally Burned

Hey, it's Maya here and I am here to tell you a story. 2 stories, actually. So they are based on the same thing, but different moments. I mean come on people, duh. The first one takes place on October 12th 2014 at 9:48pm. So, we were at my house, busy preparing for our late-night snack, because I honestly didn't eat much that day before time. So, then my mom was upstairs doing the laundry and Gammy Hart was on the other side of the kitchen. I had Ginger down there with me and she ran quickly through my legs and I panicked that she may go under the oven and be stuck there and there would be no harmless way to get her out. So, I backed up and fell into the open oven and right on the edge of the dish the food was on at 400 degrees and it flipped right up and smacked me in the back, and the pan stuck there because my mom forgot to put on stupid cooking grease so it wouldn't stick. But it did. Thanks mom. So, then Gammy Hart got my mom and they called 911 and got me to the hospital at around 10:30pm. So, I stayed there all night long and I was supposed to be dismissed and going home the next day, but my mom left me there and didn't pick me up that day, the day after, October 13th. So, I stayed there on the night of October 13th and talked on the phone to Lucas all night. So my mom didn't pick me up on the 13th, but instead she picked me up on the morning of October 14th, the day I had school. So, 7:15am, I get outta there, Hallelujah! So, yeah it was better after that. So, then that is where the next story relates and comes in...

So, today at school. Yeah, it takes place today. But no, I am not in the hospital and I am totally fine. So, I had art first period and in homeroom, Sarah came up to me as the bell went and kinda new about the boys and girls challenge, well she did know because darn Lucas told her everything. I mean EVERYTHING. So, I tried to avoid Sarah and her babbling questions on the boys and girls challenge in art class. "So what did you do when Riley and Farkle did the boys and girls challenge?" Sarah asked. I stared down at my seahorse art project with ink all over it, rolling the rolling pin in the ink with my other hand. "Watched" I said not looking up. "What did Lucas do?" she asked. "Watched" I repeated, still not looking up. So she basically asked questions like that all art class. So, then the bell went and I was finally free of Sarah. To go to shop and go right back to Sarah...didn't think that through. So, then in shop, we had to do electricity experiments. I was slow on Experiment #1 so, when everyone else went to do the blow torch part, I was busy doing Experiment #1. So, then when I was done Experiment #1, I went to do the blow torch part. I didn't know what to do and only a few kids in my class were still doing it. So, I watched them and begged them to help me, trying to repeat what they were doing. So, then I grabbed my watch-a-ma-callit and my blow torch and decided to figure it out myself. Bad idea, that was. So, I put the wires up to the thing-a-majig and well, turned on the blow torch and fired at it. So, then after I figured out that was all wrong, I put down the blow torch, not turning down the heat dial and I set my thing-a-majig watch-a-ma-callit thing and turned to reaction girl who was standing beside me. "Can you help me?" I asked her. "Sure, grab the blow torch and then put it up against the plaster and the wire" she said. I bumped the blow torch, still on high heat and it smacked my finger and fell on the ground. Both her and I screamed. She looked at me madly. "It burned me!" I screamed. Her and a couple other kids looked around. "Run it under water" one of the girls said. I did as she said and left the class, reaction girl picked up the blow torch and turned it off. When I came back, it was all regular, except the pain was...well, painful. So, that was that. Then at lunch, I showed Farkle, Lucas and Riley and as usual, no concern there. So, the at Period 7, we had English and I was "reviewing my notes" I wasn't really, I was just pretending to. I was playing with my pencil and I accidently stabbed the burn on my finger with it and it's lead-ish ink and it got all inky and the grossest part is, it started oozing clear goo. "I'm dead..." I thought drifting off. I got up and asked the teacher to go to the bathroom and I did. Sarah and Lucas both looked at each other as I left the room, looking like something was up. They stared at each other for a couple seconds, until Sarah got up and chased after me. She helped me clean up and we went back to class. It still oozed goo in class, but I didn't care. We were about to do the girls and boys challenge in class. I know that sounds TOTALLY wrong, but I don't mean it like that. The boys and girls challenge is COMPLETELY different from the girls and boys challenge. The boys and girls challenge is the one me and my friends did, the girls and boys challenge is the one my 7th grade English class did. So, the girls and boys challenge is where the girls go up to the front of the class and try to answer questions on Grade 7 English and the winner gets candy. Then the boys go up and do the same. The boys and girls challenge is where there are two teams, a girls team and a boys team. There are two groups. A boy and a girl in each group, but still on different teams. You partner up with someone of the opposite sex on the other team. Then we compete. How we compete, is confidential information. So, yeah.

I got burned twice in this month and it was just as gross each time. It was grossly large and weird the first time and 2nd degree burn-ish. The second time was first degree burn-ish. First degree burns are not as bad as second. First is the best, then second, then third. So, yeah. I got a first degree burn today and a second degree on October 12th. So, check back on The 99 Problems of Maya Hart again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment