Monday, December 8, 2014

Friendships Are What Really Count

So today made me realize something, I knew a long time ago, I just didn't believe it. There's a difference between knowing and believing. Knowing is when you know for a fact something is real, even if your unsure of it, it is obviously real. Believing is truly realizing and finding it deep down in your heart that you know it is real and you feel the emotion and know inside that it is real without a doubt. So today I realized that I do believe in something of great value. Friendship. You don't go far down the road without it. Everyday, my classmates the annoying boys in it are always hitting on me and the other girls in our class and do anything to annoy us. Then today at lunch, I didn't want to sit down at a table by myself, not because I would be embarrased to be alone, but because the last time I did, Riley sat at the table right beside mine, letting everyone know we were in a fight. So I immediately went to my friend in the other Grade 7 class and asked to sit with her. She said she was sitting with her other friends, but she could ditch them. So we sat on the bench, me and her and also one of her friends from Riley and Farkle's class, who is now my friend. So we ate on the bench and they told me stories about things that happened to them and friends and people they knew. Then we all went to the gym because the library was closed today. We sat behind the annoying boys in my class. They looked back, making kissy faces and saying "Maya!" in a disgustingly flirty way. So my friends asked me who they were and I said I don't know them, because honestly I wish I didn't and it would be an embarrasment to say I know them. So they said the next time they do that to us, we will kick them in the back. Then when they did it again, we counted to 3 and all of us kicked him at the same time. "Why did you kick him?" his friend asked in a whiney voice. "Because he is being awkward to my friend, it's weird" she replied. "It's none of your business" he said. "Hey, they are my friends and my business is theirs" I stepped in. "Well than it's my business too" he said. "Yeah, but it's weird. I mean who does that to someone. It's awkward" she added. "But that's no reason to kick him" he replied. "Then leave us alone, we don't like you doing that" she replied. She didn't like him at all, so she told me to kick him in the back, hard. So for my best friend, I did. "What the hell, Maya!" he cried in his whiney voice. "Hey, leave my friends alone then" I said. After the bell wrang, I went to her locker with her, we said goodbye to our other friend in Riley and Farkle's class and she went off to her locker. Me and her talked at hers for a while and we talked to her friend who's a locker beside her too. I walked with them to their math class and then went off. I was like 10 minutes late for history, but when I walked in, they were doing attendance and it hadn't even gotten to me yet. So I doubt I was marked late. Now, those are true friends. What she did for me today and what we did for each other, it was true friendship. Riley would never ever in a million years have done that. I know that Riley's friendship was ab-normal because if my friend I had only been friends with for a month and a half did that, and my friend I have been friends with for 6 years hadn't, then that's an issue. I am going on the school's skiing trip on January 20th 2015 and she is going on it too, so we will get to be together. So I am excited for that. I have friends and I had someone to sit with at lunch today and Riley didn't because I don't treat people the way Riley does. She isn't nice to her best friend, she isn't going to be kind to anyone else. So that is why that happened today. She should know that and so should anyone who be-friends her. True friendship isn't that hard to find, ones like Riley, jerks and pass-overs are easier to find. So do yourself a favor and never meet anyone like Riley. Today I even told my friend from gym class about how jerky she is. He even asked "How's Riley?" today and I said she was terrible, because she is. I told him what she did to me and how I blackmailed her this morning and my friend who is in my class said "Yeah, I saw that" because she follows my blog and sees all the posts. So Riley being a jerk went all 'round the school. Legit, that is. So thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and don't forget to catch up on the latest posts right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment