Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Haunted House Mystery Review

So, I was asked again by my old friend, Scripter21 to review another one of her Quotev stories. It was 6 chapters long. I thought I would be there for a while, reading and reading and even more reading. Reading is not my thing, and even though it was 6 long chapters, I decided to read it anyway, Scripter21 is my friend and I wasn't going to let her down. So, I read the story and can I say, it was one of the best stories I have ever read! It is called The Haunted House Mystery. It began with a story that happened on Halloween night in 1994 and a young boy and his parents moved into this house that looked quite normal, but was anything but normal. The house was known as Westfield Manor. The young boy was 10 years old known by the name of Billy. He found a floor on in Westfield Manor, where he moved to which was known as the forbidden floor. Billy got sucked into a portal on the forbidden floor and was never seen again. So, then the next chapter lead to the present day, a new family was moving into Westfield Manor. Amber Jennings and her 16-year-old sister, Emily. Her 10-year-old brother Frank who appeared to be extremely annoying. And her innocent little 7-year-old sister Zoey and their dad. So the family moved to Westfield Manor it was for sale for the fist time in years. So, I really loved the relationship between Amber and Frank, their brother-sister relationship was a big highlight of this story. And Emily was very believable for a teenage girl, always on her phone. The innocence of Zoey, even though she was absent for the majority of the story, it was hard to have a negative opinion on her. I found Frank;'s spot-on impression of Zoey to be very amusing, especially because their gulible dad fell for it, I found the cluelessness of their dad to be hilarious. I found it very clever that the characters were living an unrealistic horror story life and then I didn't see this coming, but it turned out to all be a dream as soon as the main character got sucked into the portal. I also found it clever that both Frank and Amber woke up and had the same dream which was the plot of the story. I really enjoyed this story very much and I don't even like reading. This story could probably actually keep me focused in library class, which if you don't know is EXTREMELY hard for me. This story encouraged me to keep going and I couldn't stop reading it. I was never waiting and hoping it would end soon, but I was curious to see what was going to happen next. I was very happy with this story and it kept me entertained through out the whole story. It was well constructed and written. Congratulations to Scripter21 for writing such a brilliant story which I honestly believe could be published as a book. I would read it, honestly. So, thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and check back again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! These reviews get me so excited and get me lot look forward on my writing journey. You are so supportive and I appreciate that!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete