Monday, November 10, 2014

Girl Meets Maya's World: Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Strength and Unity

I woke up the next morning and I thought it was a dream, that I really witnessed what happened during the attack. I couldn't believe that the 12-year-old New York girl gets attacked news thing, happened again and I was a witness. I remembered Lucas risking his life for me, and risking Riley's too. I risked Riley's life, I shouldn't of listened to him. It couldn't of been a dream because when I walked by Brooklyn's house on the way to school, I recognized everything in it when I looked in the window. Once I got to school, I felt like I was going to throw up, like I shouldn't be keeping this a secret. But if I tell someone, I just might be Connor and Brooklyn's next target.

"Hey, Maya. You okay about what happened last night?" Lucas asked me at my locker. "So it wasn't a dream?" I asked, knowing it, but I was making sure. "No, no it wasn't. I thought that for a second too this morning" Lucas replied. Farkle approached us as soon as he saw us. "Hey guys, what we talkin' about?" Farkle said. "Nothing!" Lucas cried. "Socks" I sais seconds later. "Maya....socks?" Farkle said. "Yeah, I'm wearing two different ones today" I said, suspiciously walking into class. "Oh...I get it!" Farkle said to Lucas. "You do?" Lucas asked disappointedly. "Yeah, you and Maya are secretly dating!" Farkle said. "Okay, fine but--What!? Dating!? Me and her!? Ewww, no! She's gross!" Lucas cried. "Oh, then what were you talking about?" Farkle asked. "Uh....socks!" Lucas cried and followed into class. "Hey, maybe if I start talking about socks, I'll become popular too!" Farkle whispered to himself and went to class.

When we got to class, Ms. Fernfelt was there for homeroom. "I hate this teacher" "Ms Fernfelt is annoying" "I feel bad for the fern that felt her wrath" "Her teeth remind me of my baby sister's puke" I heard people whispering around me about Ms. Fernfelt.  "Okay, class let's get started!" Ms. Fernfelt cried. Class went by real slow today. Every minute felt like an hour. I couldn't stop thinking of Riley and what happened. All the lines and words that Connor, Brooklyn, Lucas and Riley said that night, repeated in my head like a re-run show. So by the end of the day, I felt my own wrath and decided I needed to go back, without Lucas, so nobody can stop me.

I walked down Bleecker Street, trying to look regular. It was the middle of the day after all and the sky was bluer than what I imagined Riley's face looked like when Connor and Brooklyn had their hands all over her. I stopped in front of Brooklyn's house. I looked up at it, standing on the sidewalk. It looked bigger than it did last night, but that may just be because Lucas was there protecting me, and everything looked alot bigger now that I was alone. Which meant that Brooklyn and Connor were gonna look alot bigger and my fears will be alot bigger. I gulped in my mouth, "Here it goes...for Riley" I said. I approached Brooklyn's house, I was on the porch, was like grosser and dirtier in the middle of the day. I was about to ring the doorbell, when I suddenly felt a pull on my arm and I was being dragged down the driveway and to the side of the house. I forgot to scream for help. I was slammed, but not too hard up against the side of the house. "What are you doing!? Are you crazy!?" the person said. My head was dangling, I had a sudden headache and could hardly hold up my own head. I randomly ganged my strength back and lifted my head to see a familiar face. It was none other than Spike. Spike used to be in Connor and Brooklyn's gang, before he went back to his sister and decided to smarten up. He used to be like them, but he changed, I helped with that. "Spike!?" I asked confused. "Listen to me, go back home, do not come back here" Spike said. "No, they have my friend, they are holding her hostage and beating her to blood and tears!" I cried.  "I know they do. Just do me and yourself a favor and do not risk your life like that" he said. "My life? What about Riley's life?!" I cried.

"Don't worry, they can't do that to her forever" Spike said. "No they can't because they'll adventually kill her!" I was getting harsher and harsher every word I said.
"No, you just need to trust me right now. You cannot be here. Your friend would be very upset if he knew you were here right now" he said. "My friend? You-You mean Lucas?" I asked. "Yeah, him. I know he's very protective of you and he would be crushed if you were to get hurt, not to mention mad at you knowing you came back here" he said. "H-How do you know about that?" I asked. "I saw it all happen" he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Last night, I was here. I saw it all. I want to help little girls get out of situations like this and I do not want you to be the next little girl, like your best friend was" he said. "So, you spy on them?" I asked joking and confused. "Not spy, just watch what they do from a reasonable distance, somewhere they cannot see me" he said. I raised my eye brows at him. "Okay, maybe I spy on them. But it's for a good cause, you know that Maya" he said. "Maya? You know my name?" I asked. "Well, of course I do. Riley was always crying for you, hoping you'd hear her and come and save her when I was still with them" Spike explained. "Oh...well in that case...I'm Maya, pleased to meet you!" I smiled holding out my hand. Spike shook my hand and held it down. "Maya, you cannot get yourself here. This is how Riley got herself here. She walked up to where they were, when it was a bad idea. They didn't come to her, she went to them and you cannot go to them" he remarked.

"O-Okay, but how do I save Riley then?" I asked. "Well, leave that to me for now, I know where you live, so I'll let you know when something happens and if I need you for anything to do with this, I'll just ask" he said. "How do you know where I live?" I asked. "Riley told us way back in the beginning, when I was still with them. We got your address outta her" he said. "Ohh" I said drifting off. "Don't worry, Maya. I watch them very closely and try and help kids get out how I did, thanks for that by the way" he said. "Your welcome, I just wanted you to help Riley out, the first time" I said. "Haha, I know. You'd better run along before she sees you, she will be coming outside to go to Gracie's around this time" he said. "Oh, okay" I said getting up. Spike pulled me back down onto the ground. "Do me a favor and go around the other street, if she sees you anywhere near here, your toast" he said. "Oh, yeah sure" I said, getting up again. Spike pulled me back down. "One more thing" he said. "Sorry about this, but I have something for you" he said. I was confused, watching him dig in his pocket. He pulled out a pin with a charm on it. The charm was shaped like a star, kinda like the one that the wise kings followed to find Jesus. On the edges of the star, it had a golden ring, and on it, it had white diamonds engraved on it that said "Strength and Unity" across it. "With this, you will be strong and undefeatable. When Brooklyn and Connor see it, they'll know" he said, pinning the pin to my jacket. "They'll know what?" I asked. "They'll know where it came from and whose side your really on" he said. I looked down at it and adjusted it. "I'll wear it with pride!" I said. I stood up, finally and waved to Spike and headed down the street he instructed me to. I felt better knowing Spike was on my side and justice will arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment