Thursday, November 13, 2014

Helpless and Bitter Silence

So, today at school was nothing out of the ordinary...Is probably what you would think I am going to say, but I'm not. School today was definently out of the ordinary. First period, I had art. I was inking my eraser creation thing and I shared my ink with my friend from the other class. We were talking and it was funny when one spot on her roller would not turn blue when she rolled it in the ink. I kept messing up on all 6 of my inkings. The orange coat I did turned out perfect, I did it last week. Now today, I was barely even paying attention and I had 6 paintings, so I had 6 attempts to get one perfect. I failed every single one. Mrs. Kossal suggested that I just lightly repaint more ink on with a paintbrush, and that worked out....if I was trying to make a blob of blobbiness. Which I wasn't so...oh yeah, that failed too. So, then gym class came. We played Topple the Towers, which is a interesting version of dodgeball and I took out many people. Like it said in World of Terror, I aim as straight as a roller. Then the umpire got slammed into the back of the wall, so I aim pretty hard. I got out some of the most sporty and active boys in our gym class. Then came Religion which we had a pretty awesome class discussion, I'm not gonna lie, I actually paid attention in religion, it was awesome. Then history came along. Mr. Matthews was reviewing Darwin Bird Studies and I was completely dozed off. I hardly even tried to pay attention. Than it was lunch time and lunch rocked. Honestly. After eating, me and Riley went into the library and I got to sit in my library class seat, I sat in when Lucas rubbed my leg and all. Riley on the other side of me, not where Lucas usually was. Lucas's seat was empty, which honestly, made me kinda miss him. Then Riley's friend Layanna came and sat in Lucas's seat, on the other half of my cusion. "Hey guys!" she said. "Hi!" we replied. "I still can't believe your friends with Farkle, I will not get over that. I will probably tell you over and over" she said. We laughed. Her friend came and sat on the other side of Riley. We were all on ipads, talking. Me and Layanna were trying to figure out how to download the gmail app on her ipad. Then after lunch, we had english. English was honestly the worst class I took today. We are reading a book called Ender's Game which is a really intersting book about the future and fighting off ailens and things like that. I've always been able to set aside my thoughts and focus on the book in English class. But not today. No matter what I thought, no matter how hard I tried, I could not focus on the book. I only focus for about 2 pages out of 10 in Chapter 6 we read today. I couldn't stop thinking about...just not the book. I did the chapter questions well at the end though. Ironically, the majority of the questions were on the 2 pages I paid attention to. Coincadence, right? Nah, it's just luck. So then we had science. Science was pretty awesome. The kid beside me and the kid in front of me were all making fun of kids in our class and making up rumors about them, just by what they were doing momentarily. I said that Lucas had a medicine antibiotic problem because he was holding a medicine bottle that was his, obviously. The teacher wasn't passing anything around. Then we had our final history period of the day. It was double daddy today. Double Daddy is something Riley made up, when you have 2 history classes with Mr. Matthews in one day. So, that history class was better than the first one and definently better than English. I sometimes dozed off, like 4/10 of the time I was dozed off, but I was able to get back into focus when it came to mind. We had a discussion when our history substitute accidently blurted out the SH word. "I'm so sorry!" she called. Everyone was laughing and freaking out in a fun way. "Don't worry, these kids swear all the time!" I said. "Really Maya? Us!" one of the annoying boys said. "I hear you at your locker swearing sooo badly, you and Riley just swearing away, I have to cover my ears and try and block it out!" he cried. The sub looked at me in shock. "No! I swear, I would never! I don't!" I said laughing. It was hilarious, I loved that class when I was focused. PS. that conversation about swearing was the 4/10 of the time I was paying attention. So, then we had math it went pretty normal. At the beginning, one of the boys, the boy who accused me of swearing in history, was pretending to be the teacher and was trying to tell me what to do, but he could never pull it off, I said. He will not stop talking about how I don't do my homework. "Go to the office, Maya and you can come back when you start doing your homework" he said. "No! Your not the boss of me...and side note, I will never do my homework" I said. "I'm gonna laugh when the teacher comes in and kicks you outta his desk" I said. "How hard are you gonna laugh?" he asked. "Oh, pretty hard" I remarked. Then the teacher finally came in. "Kick him out, kick him out!" I cried pointing at him. "Get outta here!" the teacher said shoeing him off. "Hahahaha!" I laughed pointing at him. "See, told ya I'd laugh!" I smiled folding my hands on top of my desk. "Yeah sure, Maya. Be a follower, not a leader" he said sitting down. "I already follow the wrong people" I whispered to myself. "You follow the wrong people?" my math teacher asked. "Yeah, I look up to bad people" I said. "That's not good" he said and then began the math lesson. At the end of the class, I asked my friend if she would do my homework for me. "Yeah, no" she said. "I'll do your homework, Maya" said the kid who was pretending to be the teacher. "No, I know you will just put in all the wrong answers just to teach me a lesson about not doing my homework" I remarked. "I swear I won't. If I do, than you can kick me in the gutt" he said. "I don't even want to" I replied. "I'll still do it" he said. "Nah, I'll get someone else to" I said leaving. So, then after I told Riley and she told me about her rest of the day. Then we went home and ate cake! Yay! Me and Lucas didn't talk at all today. After what happened last night, him doing the Riley thing and me trying to apologize and him ignoring me and me and Farkle telling him we are not his friends on the walk to school and all. We didn't say one thing to each other today. It was kinda empty, it seemed. It was helpless and bitter silence between us. I talked to Sarah a little bit, only in Gym and history and not even that was much. So, check back on The 99 Problems of Maya Hart again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment