Thursday, November 13, 2014

Remember The Story

So, I found out this news yesterday and forgot to tell you sooner. So, tomorrow is Friday and Friday is the last day of the school week! Whoo! Thank god! Okay, that isn't what I was going to tell you, it's just I am sooo glad the week is almost over. But tomorrow, my mom's friends from when I was 8-10 years old are coming over. We haven't seen them since October 2012. My mom's friend is about her age. Her name is Jamie Bryson and she is about my mom's age. I remember her from 2012 and she had longer brown hair, usually curled. Her eyes were a hazel-ish green and she was a bit taller than my mom. She works at a construction site. It is really rare when a girl works on a construction site. Her son, Danny is my age who I hung out with when I was little. I think he met Riley when we were 9 years old. He has brown hair like his mom and blue eyes. He was pretty tall on me, I was up to his mouth, basically when we were younger. He never knew the little sweet me when I was 7. He met me at the hardest time of my life, when I was 8. He met me in August 2010. When Danny was 6 years old, his dad passed away in a car accident and Danny and his mom was in it too. They were driving down a highway and a semi-truck slammed into them and their car was tipped onto it's side. His dad wasn't wearing a seat-belt and as the car tipped onto it's side, before it fell, the door broke off and his dad fell out and the door and car fell on top of him. Danny was only 6 years old, in the backseat fascened in his carseat and his mom was buckled in the passengers seat. The semi-truck went sliding across the highway, but managed to stay up. The man driving the semi-truck was un-harmed and went to see if they were okay. Mrs. Bryson immediately unbuckled herself and went and got Danny out of the car and gave him to the man driving the semi-truck. She tried to lift up the car off of his dad, but she wasn't strong enough. The man driving the semi-truck called 911 immediately and many people were on scene trying to help. Mrs. Bryson called her mother and told her what was going on. But before her mother arrived, the police, EMS care and firetrucks arrived and closed the road. They got the car off his dad and there was blood everywhere. He had a major cut in his leg, like where Lucas was rubbing me in library and his head had a majorly deep cut and his stomach was blunted and blood was rushing out of his every bruise and cut. They got him to the hospital quickly and Mrs. Bryson's mother came and drove Mrs. Bryson and Danny to the hospital. Mrs. Bryson's dad was on a business trip in another state, so she would call him when she got home. Mrs, Bryson, her mom and 6-year-old Danny waited in the hospital for over an hour. "Is daddy going to come home with us?" Little Danny asked his mom and grandma. "Yes, of course he will, Danny" Mrs. Bryson told him, but she was not sure. After a while, the doctor came out and said that the cuts were too open and too much blood got out when he was trapped under the car for 20 minutes. He died of his injuries that day, May 23rd 2009. Danny was very close with his dad and loved him very much. They spent lots of time together and had a very close father-son relationship. When Danny understood that his dad passed away, he was devistated and he cried for months.

The 2 years later, Mrs. Bryson met my mom right around the time when my dad stopped sending me stuff and I was all worked up and I felt kinda how I do now, with Lucas and all. I just handled it in a way that changed my life. As soon as I met Danny, he didn't tell me about his dad passing away until I was 9 and we met when I was 8. He told me he would tell me his if I told him mine after and I had to pinky-swear on it. So, once he told me that story, I said "Yours is so sad, now mine sounds like a first-world problem!" I laughed. I told him anyway and he did feel bad for me too. So, then we went and told our mothers that we told each other and Mrs. Bryson said "That takes a lot of courage to talk about, both of you" and me and Danny smiled at each other. So, then when I was 10 years old we had a sleepover. It was at his house and my mom there until around our bedtime, talking to Mrs. Bryson. First me and Danny were playing outside, riding his tiny motorbike. He was on the front, driving and I was in the back. We went to his friend, Clayton's house and he showed Clayton me and his motorbike. "This is my cool motorbike and this is my friend, Maya" he said. "You've got a girl and a motorbike, your ligit man!" Clayton laughed. Clayton took a picture of me and Danny on the motorbike. "Show this to your classmates and you'll be more popular than the 6th grader with his own personal pool" Clayton told Danny. Then we went off to the park with Clayton. It was the saucer park, I lived in the same house as when I was 10 so I knew about the same parks. Clayton pushed me and Danny on the saucer for a while. Then Danny pushed me and Clayton and then it kept trading off. "Why can't I push?" I asked. "Because your a girl, Maya. You couldn't push both of us" Danny said. "Yeah, you've got that little figure and you don't even have breats yet" Clayton said. "I'm only 10 ya know and I bet I can push both of you" I said. So, they let me try and I knocked them off their rockers. Literally. They fell off, "Who's laughing now?" I asked laughing. Then Danny and me took Clayton home and rode back to his house on his motorbike. "You know, Maya, you scared Clayton pretty badly, but not me. I wasn't scared of no girl, even you" he said on the bike. "Sure ya were..." I said with a mischeviously look on my face. When we got home, we got in our pyjamas and pulled out the sofa bed in his master room upstairs, which had all his toys (whatever 10-year-old boy toys are) and a flat screen TV. We watched a zombie movie. Then we had a pillow fight and in the end, we used our left-over popcorn as amo against each other. I spilt coke-a-cola all over Mrs. Bryson's precious white carpet, but Danny took the rat for me. Mrs. Bryson said he would be grounded when I went home tomorrow. So, then we turned out the lights and laid on the sofa bed. I faced my back to Danny when I felt something crawling up my back. "Ahhh!" I screamed. Danny pulled his hand away and laughed. "I gotcha, Maya. You shoud'a seen your face!" he laughed. "You should of too because it's as dark as night in here" I cameback. "That's because it is night, Maya" he replied. "Well, yeah" I replied shrugging my shoulders. Then we kept jumping on each other and laughing. "Shhh!" Mrs. Bryson cried from her bedroom. We started whisper-laughing with our hands over our mouths. Then we fell asleep. At 3:32am, I felt something shaking me. "Maya! Maya, wake up!" I heard Danny's voice say. "What?" I asked turning to face him, with my eyes not even half open. "You wanna prank my mom?" he asked. I immediately woke myself up. "Yeah!" I whisper shouted. So, he took me by the hand and led me downstairs to his kitchen. He opened the fridge and started pulling a while bunch of random things out. "What are you doing?" I asked. He grabbed whipped cream, cucumbers, carrot sticks, honey, smarties and jumbo sized twizzlers. "Come on" he said with his hands loaded with the food and candy. He quietly set it down on the floor right at the door of his mom's room. "Shhh" he said not turning to face me, but putting his arm against my chest. I didn't move or say anything, I just looked over and quietly followed him. He picked up the whipped cream and poured it into his hand and started smearing it all over Mrs. Bryson's face. "Cucumbers" he said reaching his hand out at me, not turning to face me. I put the 2 cucumbers onto Mrs. Bryson's eyes. "You knew?" he asked. "Duh, it's a food facial" I whispered. Then we put whipped cream all over the twizzlers so they would stick and we put them in Mrs. Bryson's hair, like it was here hair. Then he stuck the carrot sticks to her fingers with the honey, like fingernails. Then he topped it off with sticking smarties as the nailpolish. We both giggled and quietly took the stuff back downstairs. "That was awesome!" he cried putting his hand up for a high-five. "We haven't even seen the best part" I said high-fiving him. "What's that, Maya?" he asked. "Her reaction tomorrow morning" I said. "Oh, right" he said. We both climbed back onto the sofa bed and fell fast asleep. In the morning, we woke up to a loud scream. "Ahhhh!!" it sounded like. Both Danny and me immediately sat up and smiled at each other. We dashed to his mom's room. He put me on a piggy-back and we peeked into his mom's room and watched her react to our master plan. "W-What is this!?" she asked. "Danny Bryson, get in here now!" she yelled. Danny didn't put me down, he just stepped into the room with a very guilty look on his face. "Danny, did you do this?" she asked madly. "Maya did too" he sighed. "Hey!" I said looking at him with a shocked and mad look. Mrs. Bryson picked me up off Danny's back and carried me downstairs. Danny followed cautiously behind us. She set me on the counter and looked at Danny. "Was this supposed to be funny?" she asked madly. We both sat in silence, guilty silence. "Because it was!" she laughed. Suddenly, the mood was lightened and me and Danny both looked at each other, our jaws dropped, but smiling and gasping. "Your kidding mom!" he cried. She hugged him tightly and shook him around. "You kids are silly, silly. But your gonna have to clean up my bed and put the sheets in the laundry" she said patting his head. "Oh, okay mom!" he laughed. She walked upstairs to clean up. Danny walked up to me on the counter and motioned for me to get back on his back. I jumped back down and onto him. He carried me around the house, playing an airplane game, where he had to close his eyes and I had to direct him where to go. Yeah, the person giving the piggy back should not be the one with their eyes closed. Noted. He ran under a picture hanging on the wall and it scraped the top of my head and fell on me. "Ouch!" I cried. "Maya!" Danny cried setting me down and looking me in the eye. "Are you okay, Maya? Where did it get'cha?" he asked. I showed him the bright red bruise on my head. He took me into the bathroom and he gently rubbed antibiotics (medicine like polysporin) on my head. Then later my mom came and picked me up. I waved goodbye to Danny and told my mom all about the sleepover and the prank on the drive home. So, that's Danny Bryson, my friend who's visiting tomorrow. Telling those stories really reminded me of being 8-10 years old again, I almost felt like I was there again. So, thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and don't forget to check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment