Monday, November 10, 2014

Girl Meet's Maya's World: Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The Hardest Battering

NOTE: This chapter contains scenes of violence, near the end. I would rate it PG 14+ this chapter, and if you get scared easily of abuse and violence, I would not reccomend reading the end of this chapter. Thanks.

I woke up the next morning and the first thing I thought of is Riley. I couldn't remember if it were a dream, that is was for sure revealed to be Riley. I walked downstairs and saw the marshmallows on the ground and my big blanket spread on half the couch. "It was not a dream, it was real" I realized. I did my normal school routine and got ready to go. I walked to school and then onto the subway I went. It was nothing out of the ordinary.

I got to school and went to my locker. Lucas and Farkle both came up to me. "Hey, Maya" they both said. "Hi" I said. "I still can't believe what happened" Farkle said. "Yeah, me too" I said. "Are we going to do anything?" Farkle asked. "Of course not, what can--" Lucas said before I inturupted him. "Yes" I said. "What? Maya!" Lucas said. "I am going to do something" I said. "What?" Farkle asked. "Class is about to start, hurry up or your tardiness is gonna show off" I said walking into class. "What's that girl up to now?" Farkle asked. "I don't know" Lucas said. Farkle walked into class. "But I intend to find out" Lucas added after Farkle was gone.

I took my seat in my desk, as did everyone else. Mr. Matthews was still absent and Ms. Fernfelt was back once again. "Oh, great, not her" I heard some kids around me saying. "Oh believe me, I'm with ya" I thought, but didn't say anything. School went by fairly fast. Every class was regular. At the end of the day, Lucas came up to me at my locker. "So, what'cha gonna do about Riley?" he asked. "Ahh!" I screamed, I didn't know he was there. "You!" I laughed and slapped him. "Oh, what am I gonna do?" I asked. "Uh huh" he replied. "Nothing you should get involved in" I said slamming my locker and walking away. Lucas ran back up to me. "Okay, if your not gonna tell me what your doing, just tell me when you are gonna do it" he said. "You really think I'm that stupid. I know you'll just try to stop me before I do...and tonight at 8pm" I said walking away. "Sucker" Lucas whispered and walked away. I took a few steps out the school door and suddenly I stopped. "Wait, I just...Aww, darn it!" I cried stomping away from the school.

Later that day, I got into my blue leapord print pyjamas and put my hair up into a ponytail. I took my marshmallows and sat on the couch and turned on the TV. My mom came downstairs, she was headed off to her evening shift at the diner. It was 7:45pm. "I'm going to be leaving for my 8 o'clock shift" she said. "Okay, take as long as you need" I said stuffing a marshmallow in my mouth. She made her way out the door. Seconds after she left, I looked at my watch. 7:53pm. I had 7 minutes until go time. I waited 6 minutes until 7:59pm. At 7:59pm, I jumped off the couch and jumped behind it. I popped out seconds later with my hair down and I was wearing my tall black boots, my leather jacket (from Girl Meets Popular) my dark black leggings and my long sleeved black shirt. "It's go time" I said and spun my bat in the air. I looked at my watch and watched it strike 8:00pm. I opened my back door and snuck out of it. "Okay, I made it out" I said. I turned around. "Going somewhere?" Lucas said. "Ahh!" I screamed and fell flat on the ground. "Lucas! What are you doing here?!" I cried standing up. "Figuring out what your up to" he said. "Ugh! Don't scare me like that" I said. "Okay, okay" he laughed. "Now, shoe, beat it, I've got something to do" I said. "What might that be? Going to the store to buy mom some milk?" he asked. "Sure, why not?" I said. "No, tell me" he said. I looked around to hear if anyone was listening. "Okay, if I tell you, your PROMISE you will not stop me" I said. He sighed, "I promise" he said. "Okay, I am going to go to that house and check out the people there and give them a piece of my mind" I said. "No, your not" he said. "But, you said--" I stopped. "Fine, wanna come to Riley's with me?" I asked. "Sure" he said. "Great!" I cried and skipped along ahead.

We got to Riley's apartment building. I didn't bother buzzing in, I just went straight to the door and knocked on it. Auggie answered the door, holding Kiwi in his h nds. He stared at me in shock. "What?" I said. "Mommy!" he cried and ran away. Me and Lucas both looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. Mrs. Matthews came to the door. "Oh! Maya, hi" she said. "Hey, is Riley here?" she asked. "Well, if you wanna see her, just go through the bay window, she'll be happy to see you" she said. "Kay, come with me" I said to Lucas. He followed me around the building. We went to the bay window. "Hey, why's this open?" I asked. I peeped my head in. "Hello? Riley? It's me, Maya" I said. No answer. The room was pitch black. I was kinda getting scared, I don't really know why. I stepped inside and Lucas followed me. I heard squeeking and I walked over to Kiwi's cage. "Hey, buddy" I cried, petting Kiwi. "I really need to bring Ginger over here soon, so you two can play" I said. I walked over to Riley's bed and Lucas followed close behind me. "Riley?" I whispered, patting the lump on her bed. She didn't move. "Riley" I repeated. I opened the covers and she wasn't there, a bunch of stuffed animals were in her place. "Lucas!" I screamed and clinged onto him. "What?" he asked. "She's not there, she's not there!" I screamed. "Okay, okay. What do we do?" he asked. "I don't know!" I panicked. Lucax covered my mouth so her parents wouldn't hear us. We stepped out of Riley's room and into the kitchen. "Thanks for the visit, Mrs. Matthews, we will see you tomorrow maybe!" I cried. "Okay, you wanna come out the front door?" she asked. "Nah, were good" I cried. Lucas quickly dragged me back into Riley's room.

Then we walked over to the bay window. Lucas stepped out of it. I was about to, when I saw something on the ledge. "Lucas!" I screamed. "What?!" he asked annoyed. "Look, look. Look at that!" I panicked pointing to the side of the window, which had a tiny pool of blood on it. "Okay, okay. Let's not freak out" he said. "I am freaking out!" I cried. I was about to scream, when Lucas dragged me out and held my mouth shut, to stop her parents from hearing anything suspicious. We shut the bay window and left the building. "Let go of me!" I screamed. Lucas quickly let me go.

"Okay, now I am doing what I came for" I said walking down the street. I went to the end of Bleecker Street, to house number 105. "There it is" I said. "Maya, don't" he said. "Maya, do" I said walking up. The lights were off in the house. No sound, no smell. I looked at my clock, 8:32pm. It was silent in the house, quiet as a mouse. I was about to knock when I heard the screams of a little girl in the house. "Riley!" I screamed and jammed the door open. "Maya!" Lucas whispered and pulled me out. "Riley, she's in there!" I screamed. "No, Maya. They heard us, someone's coming, we have to go now!" Lucas panicked, trying to pull me out. "No, I'm not leaving Riley!" I said forcing away from Lucas. "No, Maya!" he screamed. "What are you doing!? Are you crazy!?" he yelled. "No, I'm her best friend!" I cried. Footsteps came down the stairs of the house, the door was still open. "Maya! Let's go!" Lucas yelled. A girl and a boy came downstairs and saw us on her porch. "Hey! Who are you!?" she screeched. "Nobody, we have the wrong house, let's go Maya" Lucas said pulling on my shirt. "No, I'm Maya" I said. "Okay, blondie. What the hell do you want?" she said. "You-You...You have my friend!" I screamed. "Your friend?" she asked confused. "Hey, who's this?" the boy asked. "Blondie here claims we have her friend" she explained. "Your friend? You mean Riley?" he asked. "Yes, let her go!" I screamed. "You wanna see your friend?" they asked. "No, Maya!" Lucas screamed. He walked up behind me and put his arms around me from the back. "Maya" he said. "No Lucas, Yeah, I wanna see her" I said. "Oh, really?" she asked making an evil eye and the boy.

"And you are?" I asked. "Huh?" she replied. "Who are you?" she asked. "Oh, I'm so sorry, sweetheart" she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and Lucas pulled me tighter. "I'm Brooklyn and this is my friend Connor" she said. "That is Lucas" I said pointing behind me with my thumb. "Oh, cute names you've kittens got there" she said. "Where is Riley!?" I screamed. "Ahhhh!!" I heard upstairs in Riley's voice. "Riley!" I screamed forcing away from Lucas and trying to get into the house. "Maya, no..." Lucas said softly, pulling me back. "They'll get you too and we don't need both you and Riley hurt" he said. "I need to save Riley, I don't care what happens to me" I said. "Maya, no" he said. I could tell he was really worried about me and really didn't want me getting hurt. I suddenly felt sympathy for him. I pulled up to him and hugged him. He rubbed my back gently and slowly. "I need to save her, you need to understand that she is the most important person in the world to me and I cannot be one of the people to do nothing for her" I said. "Hey, kiddies!" Connor called. I let go of Lucas slightly and looked back at them. Lucas just looked straight over my head, I'm so short. I stepped forward up to Connor and Brooklyn. "Let's talk it out, shall we?" I asked sassily. "Ooh, okay sweetie, if you really think you've got a shot at winning this" Brooklyn said stepping inside so I could come in. "Give me a second" I said to Lucas setting one foot in the house. "Maya, no!" he cried. "Let me" I said. "Hotski, stay out here" she said to Lucas, shutting the door with me inside. I went and sat on her couch. Connor and Brooklyn stood in front of me. "So, you wanna help your little friend?" she asked. "She's my best friend, why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Why are we doing this?" she asked. "Well because we love it, little girls pain brings us joy" she said. "That just might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard" I said. She stepped forward, closer to me. I put my hands in front of me, like I did with the muffins in that episode. "I said might" I said. She backed off. "I just want my best friend back and for you to stop hurting her" I said. "Aww! Blondie thinks were going to stop hurting Riley! How cute?" Brooklyn cooed to Coonor. "Hey, Ethan! Hit her harder, I don't hear screaming!" Connor cried upstairs. "No!" I cried. "Ahhh!" I heard Riley screaming. "Don't do that!" I heard her cry. I heard coughing and gagging. "Don't hurt her, I'll do anything!" I cried.  I heard Riley crying upstairs. Tears started rushing down my face. I heard something upstairs. Riley threw up. They beat her until she threw up. Lucas came inside the house. "Maya!" he cried and hugged me tightly. "I thought they hurt you!" he cried. "No, I'm fine. They hurt Riley!" I cried. "Get them" Connor said to Brooklyn. "No, you don't hurt her!" Lucas cried and stepped in front of me. "Aww, 12 year old, so scared" Brooklyn said. "Lucas!" I cried. He held onto me tightly and got me out of the house. "And don't come back!" Brooklyn yelled and shut the door. "We need to help her!" I cried. I stopped and started crying. Lucas put me on his back and started walking down back to my house. "No! No! We need to help her!" I cried. I was crying my eyes out, soaking Lucas's shirt. "We will, Maya. We will get someone else to help her" he said. He took me home and I changed into my pyjamas. I laid myself on the couch and turned on the TV. Lucas sat beside me and rubbed my back. "It's okay, we will get help" he said. I fell asleep and Lucas left shortly after that.

Meanwhile, at Brooklyn's house, Riley was still there. They were beating her up pretty bad. "Don't hurt me, please!" she cried. Brooklyn and Connor made their way back upstairs. "Hey, guys stop hurting her!" Connor called. Ethan, Jasper, Gracie and Connor's cousin backed off Riley. "Hey, Riley. Your little friend was just here, trying to save your little life" Connor cooed in her face. "W-Who?" she asked shivering. "Does the name Maya ring a bell?" he asked. "We've got her trapped" Connor said. "No, Maya!" Riley cried. "Let her go!" she screamed. "Haha! Were just punking you, she got out baby" Brooklyn laughed. They all started beating her everywhere and punching her in places you should never get punched. They kept punching her in the stomach until she threw up 3 times. They slapped her in the head until she was continuously coughing up blood. Connor picked her up and slammed her into the dresser. "Ouch!" she cried. He slammed her back onto the bed. She kept coughing up blood and throwing up. "Please stop hurting me!" Riley cried. "Oh, she wants us to stop hurting her" Ethan said. "Should we?" Gracie asked. (PS. Gracie's voice is like an 80's cheerleader). "Yeah, sure" Jasper replied. "R-Really?" Riley asked surprised. "Really" Ethan said. They sat down beside her and started rubbing her and touching her, making her feel uncomfortable. "Please stop it" Riley cried. She was bleeding and still coughing up blood. "You want us to hit you again?" Jasper asked. "No!" Riley cried. Then adventually, they left her to cough up blood and throw up on her own. That night, Riley will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. That freaked the life out of me! Just kidding, I've seen it all before.

    ReplyDelete