Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Last Minute Birthday

Hey Blogger, guess what? Last night I got to watch the new episode on the Matthews DVR and I was really happy to see it. It was a good episode! And also last minute, Riley locked in their parents room for a while, I re-watched a couple minutes of the new episode, I don't know I was bored. Then Riley came back in wearing a fancy dress and I was confused. She took me into Auggie's room where she set up an end-of-the-day Birthday party for me. All of our friends were in there and they all yelled "Happy Birthday Maya!" and I least expected it because my birthday was basically over. It was 9pm. So Riley gave me a box that said "Maya's Birthday Wishes" and I opened it and it had birthday notes from everyone. She told me to close my eyes and pick one out randomly. Everyone's was amazing. They all read their's and they were all so beautiful. I will keep those forever. My 14th Birthday, 20 years from now I'll find them boxed up somewhere and remember that. But the weird thing was, Riley's wasn't in there, but I didn't realize that until later. So then we all sang Take on The World and a Brithday Build-a-Bear song. Then she said some certain people got me a present, and I was all in for that. Farkle got me Zook, his creepy stuffed animal that we all scream in horror at. I remembered on his Birthday when I got him "nightmares" by reading him a story about a human-killing serial killer. Then he gave me nightmares in return by giving me Zook. That made me laugh because he still remembered from September. Penny gave me all her cash, $2.15. I appreciated that. I could buy my lunch with that. "There's one more" Riley said handing me her note from the wish box. She read it and it ended with "I hope you like my gift" and I was confused, because I didn't remember her getting me anything in specific. Then my mom came in and gave me a present box. I opened it and it was a necklace. It was soo beautiful. I was sooo happy and shocked. "What about all that money you lost?" I asked. "I used all I had to get this for you" she said. "What about our house?" I asked. "I figured your birthday was more important" I smiled. "Thank you, mom. It's beautiful" she hugged me and stood with everyone else. It was the best birthday I've ever had. Better than my 7th, that's for sure. So that was my last minute birthday. Thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart!

No comments:

Post a Comment