Friday, January 23, 2015

Bark Up Your Own Tree

Hey Blogger, today I am going to tell you a story about bullying. Yes, it is me getting bullied, but believe it or not popular girls get bullied sometimes too. So this friend I have, she's not generally a very nice person. Or so they say. She, Lucas and Sarah are my only primary friends in my class. I get along with mostly everyone, there are a few kids that I cannot stand. My other friends are in the other Grade 7 classes for the most part. So this girl, she isn't very nice to me and hasn't been since October. That's when I recognized that she was pushing me around and treating me like a dog. No, literally. In gym class she told me to 'fetch' the ball. Yeah, no joke. I am a person too, she can't boss me around and treat me like her dog. Because I am not. I am another student in our 7th Grade class. I am just as deserving of respect as she is. She takes my phone away from me and burns the battery and physically I cannot get it back until I get seriously mad. Which I have before. She's always taking my penicl box and locking the keys inside it so I cannot get in. It's always a joke, she never really locks it but she still pretends she does and holds it above my head. Also literally, she's taller than me. And when today in gym class, she made me trade spots with her because I was in the better spot and I was a worse player in her eyes, which is not true, she sucks at it just as much as I do. I finally stood up for myself and said "You are not the boss of me, I am not your dog" and I meant what I said. Before gym, I had art and Mrs Matthews told me to take it to one of the teachers because everyone at the Matthews was tired of hearing about what she does everyday. So the art teacher told me to just stand up for myself because she is not my boss, not in charge of me. If she can tell me what to do, I can tell her what to do. We are both just students, nobody has a higher power than the other. I told Sarah right after gym class that I 'gave her a taste of her own medicine' and I did. So then I went to the art teacher after gym and said I stood up for myself, but after that she hated me for wanting to control myself and having a human dignity. She swore at me because I am not letting her boss me around. I am 14 years old, not 4 years old. Big difference, like 8 year difference here. I'm not 8 years younger than her, she's not my guardian, she has no power over me. Over lunch, the art teacher took it to the principal who had a brief discussion with her. Also then the principal told me that me, her and the bully girl will be meeting together on Monday to discuss this. I agreed and went off. Then after lunch my friend came up to me and told me that at lunch, she was sitting with the bully girl and she called me words I cannot say on here, because this is family friendly, here. So then the bully girl came up to me, as I've been avoiding her since gym class and said that my friend who just told me that hates me. No, she doesn't hate me. You know what, the bully girl hates me. She makes up things that other people said this about me, "Maya's this, Maya's that" they said. No no no, "Maya's this, Maya's that" is what SHE says. She puts the sweetest kids on the spot, the ones who are so nice to me and says that they say this about me, no no no. She wants me to think everyone hates me, but no no. They don't hate me, they never said that. SHE hates me, SHE said that stuff about me. She even got Riley in it once, said that other sweet girls said things about me and Riley, no no no, SHE said that about us, SHE thinks that, not them. So this is called bullying. Yes, I am Maya Hart super popular bad girl, but I can get bullied. This girl thinks she has power, well it's been going on for months and I'm not taking it anymore. If you are being bullied, trust me, taking it to a teacher or an adult is THE BEST solution. I get to go in on Monday and let that girl and the principal know that this is how she's treating me and I don't like it and it better stop or I will get other help, beyond the principal. After school when I told Mrs Matthews about what she did I think it was yesterday, she offered to come pick me up from school and give her a piece of her mind. I said I didn't wanna be there for that, I didn't want her to know I've been ratting her out to the Matthews' everyday after school for the past months. So if you are being bullied, go to the teachers, one that you trust. One that you know is on your side. So that is the best thing to do, I promise. I had a bullying problem with some boys in my class about a month ago or so, and I got the principal in it and they had to talk to her and they haven't been picking on me for a while now. It hasn't happened since. So I got the issue with the boys resolved and I'm in the process of getting the issue with this girl resolved. All by telling a trusted adult, take my advice. I promise you, most of the time it works, depends on the teachers and how they deal with bullying. Thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and be sure to check back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment