Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gone Down Hill (Literally!)

Hey Blogger, so today was John Quincy Adams annual skiing field trip. It was sooo awesome! On the bus ride there, it was awful. Me and Sarah sat in a bad seat and some kids would not leave us alone. They never stopped bugging us and they kept dragging us into conversations we weren't in and didn't wanna be in. Then when we finally got there, we had to get in groups of our sport and lesson. Sarah was in Snowboarding Level 2 and so was Lucas. Farkle and Riley didn't go because they are wimps. I was in Skiing Level 1. My friend Siena was in it too, so I decided to stick with her. She was my old friend who wound up in Skiing Level 1. So first we went down to the station where we get our equiptment. Me and Siena were both size 6 boots. They were sooooo heavy! We got orange vests that said "Snow School" on them to indicate we were in school lessons. Then we got our skiis and 8 of us gathered with our instructor, Trevor. He asked us all our names and then made us go round in circles wearing 1 skii only. Then we had to try the other skii only. Then finally we were able to go on the Bronze Carpet. The Bronze Carpet was a conveyer belt made for humans to ride on. The bronze one lead to the littlest mountain, where we started. Then we went down. We had to make a pizza shape with our skiis. They called it "Pizza" shape because we were "Little Level 1 Kids" and we were treated like kindergarteners. So then we played red-light-green-light going down the little mountain. Then we were able to go on the Silver Carpet which is the human conveyer belt that lead up to the medium mountain. Then we tried a few things down it, played red-light-green-light and adventually it was time to break for lunch. Me and Siena were relieved that we could take off some of our snowgear. Then we went to order lunch, I bought some for her. We each got a small pop, she got orange and I got cream soda. We each got a cinnamon bun and shared a giant sack of fries. Then we were about to get back out on the hills, when I had to go to the washroom. So Siena and me went into the bathrooms and took off all our equiptment to go. Then after it took a while to get it back on and we realized the whole group was waiting for us. Then we got back out on the hills. We did one more run on the Silver Carpet, then we went to the Gold Carpet. Dun dun dun! Nah, I'm kidding about the dun thing. Then we finally got to go on my dream spot, THEE CHAIR LIFT!!! Ahhh!!! It was sooooo awesome!!! It was like a sitting elevator where you can see where your going, almost like an open gondola. I thought I was gonna fall off, but I realized how stupid that was. Then afterwards, we had to do some more runs on the Gold Carpet. The Gold Carpet conveyer belt line was sooo long and you spent like 5-10 minutes just standing there, riding on that human conveyer belt. Then we had to zig-zag down the side of the mountain. Next Gold Carpet time, we switched sides of the mountain. After riding the Gold Carpet, I was the only one who couldn't climb on my skiis up the rest of the moutain. I was falling down the mountain so slowly. "Maya, come this way!" Trevor called as the rest of the group watched me struggle. I adventually made it and went second down the hill. Then on our final Gold Carpet run and the final run of the day, we got to go down freestyle! It was so awesome, I went so fast! Level 1 was way to easy for me. I really should've been in Level 3. Not Level 2, I just like Level 3. So then the bus ride back was only half as bad as the ride there. I didn't get stuck by the naggy kids, so me and Sarah kinda just talked. Then when we got back, we had to go to 15 minutes of 8th period. It was History for our class and we had to watch the second Narnia. It was mostly through but it was strange. Then I was determined to rush home and tell Mrs Matthews all about my day. So that was Maya's day falling down the skii hill! Thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and be sure to check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment