Friday, September 26, 2014

The Force of The John Quincy Adams Choir

So, today was very interesting at school. First of all, in Religion, Lucas and me presented "Little Vanessa" to the class. If you don't know what Little Vanessa is, it is a children's book me and Lucas wrote for our religion project. Then in someone else's project, they used Riley's Matthew West song for one of their examples. Plus in Health class we did the same project Riley was talking about with the sexual abuse thing. Well, we got the handout and were doing it next class. A.K.A Monday. Oh and here's the big thing. Last choir practice, me and Riley ditched like it was none of our business. The co-leader of the choir, kicked us out. Then today the actual leader with the power, let us back in. We didn't want to go, oh no we didn't. Then she said "Come on, Maya! You have a solo, let's go" and I finally got up and went. Then when we got there, it was not only Me, Riley, and the leaders anymore. It was a choir of like 20 people! So now they join!? So, then as soon as we got there, the sassy co-leader says "What are they doing here?!" in her little sassy voice to the whole choir. So, she here convinced the actual leader to drop us from our solo's and because NOBODY ELSE could do our solos, except us, the teachers did them. So, yeah. The co-leader was so hostile that she didn't give us the solos being the only students who could do them, she gave them to the last-minute-teachers. Riley didn't even get to sing. She had to just sit there and watch everyone else sing. I know me and Riley were fighting, but I needed her to TAKE THE CHOIR DOWN. So, I told her that they were expecting us to show up, so to punish them from taking our solos, we just won't show up. Riley agreed and we went off to class. Then when the announcements buzzed "Anyone performing in the choir, please make your way down to the gym at this time, thank you" and I said out loud to the whole class "Not me!" and everyone was like, I could see on their faces they were thinking "Okay??" So, then when the litugry came, on the way there I explained to my friend me and Riley's plan. Then when the choir went on, I said to her "I should be up there right now" and when they started "singing" I said "They need me" and she agreed. Then I showed her all the solos and when mine came, the councillor started singing it. Then I said "The next girl who sings is in the blue" pointing to the girl in the blue. Then after she started singing, I said "Riley's solo is next" and then when Riley's solo came, it was hilarious. It all went silent for the first minute. Then the co-leader started singing Riley's solo late. I bet they were thinkin' about her when nobody sang her solo. So, that was funny. I kept telling my friend about how they are gonna suck terribly on the song "All the People Said Amen" and when the started singing, we started laughing our heads off. They sang "All the people said amen" and I said "when the songs done" and then when they said it again I said "Not yet" and then she was laughing. Then when it was over, I said "And NOW the people said amen" Then the principal said that there was misbehaviour during the liturgy, she was lookin' at me and my friend the whole time. She said she could point fingers, but she's not going to, but she didn't say she wouldn't look directly at who did it (Me and my friend). Then on the way back to class, we were singing "All the people shoot the choir, whoa ohh oh!" and it was funny. So, then after that we told Riley that we were the misbehave in the litugry and she was like "That was you guys?!" and we were like "Uh huh!" laughing. So, that is what happened with the dang choir today. Oh and on my late slip from coming back to lunch, I wrote "Stupid choir held me back" for my reason. I almost got in trouble but the lady signing my late slip, could barely read my handwriting, so I was lucky. Well, that's it for now, stay tuned and keep up with The 99 Problems of Maya Hart!

No comments:

Post a Comment