Sunday, September 21, 2014

Learning the Consequences

Okay, so there is one thing that I truly realized. 2 things, but only one that is permitted here. I just realized that maybe I was being a bit hostile and uptight and I should've just taken Riley's "dumb" comment as a joke. I guess I was wrong, I shouldn't be being rediculous. Why bring up the past? Get over it because it's done and not coming back to haunt me. I mean, I should get over the fact that she said that. I knew it was a joke minutes later and that's when I should've let this go.

Dear, Riley
I'm sorry for overreacting. I was wrong to be so hostile. The past is the past, something that we are not re-living nor repeating. I'm sorry for being hostile and not accepting that you were kidding. I try my best to be smart, I've wanted to be smart ever since 5th Grade and I guess when I was told that I was dumb, rather than smart, it hurt me. So I took it over the top. I shouldn't have done that. When you said you were kidding, I should've accepted that. I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore, but please at least accept my apology and believe I am really truly sorry. I really am. Sometimes I just need to realize I am wrong and own up to what I've done. Nobody's perfect. The dumb joke is in the past, which we are never re-living or trying to re-live. I mean, why would we? We aren't bringing this up anymore because it is done. Never again. I will try and be better. Thanks for being my best friend and understand I am the one going through struggles in life and I am the one who can cry to you when I need to. I can. I really can. I'm sorry.

Love, Maya!

No comments:

Post a Comment