Saturday, August 9, 2014

Camp Belwood Tragedy...

So, Camp Belwood was overall pretty awesome. It was very exciting and impressive. Although, I hadn't been there since I was 8 years old and people didn't really remember me much. So, anyway it wasn't all great, there were many bumps in the road. I will tell you about those bumps. So, Riley told me two girls in her cabin came up to the cabin and told her that downstairs, there was a big cabin discussion on how stupid, annoying and dumb Riley was. So, she told me and I told the leaders and we got ourselves into quite a problem. The leader, Lilac who was Riley's leader, was one of the people I remembered from my 8-year-old experience. I remembered when we were 8 years old and Lilac always picked on us. So, when we had to talk with her, she blamed us and oddly she looked at me evily like the entire conversation and I rarely said anything at all. So, then she said she would talk to the gossip girl, not gonna name any names (Alia). So, then when she did talk to Alia, Alia said "Wow, I didn't even get in trouble, they actually gave me credit!" and I was like "Okay, this ends now" and the next time I got in trouble, which wasn't much later, I brought it up. Although, Alia apologized and that passed by. My cabin was awesome for the first 3 days. They supported me and Riley through her gossip circle. They said if Riley's being bullied than she can come and sleep in our cabin, and I knew for a fact they would never let her, Lilac would never let her. So, that was good. But my cabin wasn't all great when I came to realize it. There was a lot of drama in my cabin, people crying from their home and school lives and everything. So, then me and other girls in our cabin would ask whoever is upset what is wrong. Whoever it was, said they'd tell the other people later and said that I was too young and immature to know. I am older than the majority of them! Once I asked them what they were talking about when I ran up to them after falling behind, walking somewhere. One of the girls, Taylor said "No, don't tell Maya, she wouldn't understand" and I was in shock. I know it was about boyfriends and dating and all that stuff. Okay, I am older than them and I KNOW what dating is and I know how to do it and I know things about it, so don't be stupid and say I am too immature to understand something I already know and understand. They were just being dumb. I told my cabin leader, Scout (they had fake cool camp names; her real name was Abi) that they were treating me like a 7-year-old and she said to tell them that I don't like how they are treating me. I said I couldn't tell them and embarass myself like that. So, then that wasn't the only problem that lasted from Wednesday to Friday. They also left me out of everything we did. Everyone else knew what was going on except for me, and when I asked (here is this again) they said I was too little and immature to know. So, here is a wonderful example. So, on like Wednesday, the cabin got an idea to ductape our leaders to their beds. It was a good idea, except I didn't know about this "idea" until the night of when we did it, only because everyone started shutting the doors and getting all sneeky. I was like "What are you talking about?" and then Maria, one of the girls, explained it to me. Okay, so yeah I find out on the last minute because they don't care to tell me until 30 hours later! So, yeah then they said they'd wake everyone up to do it at 3:00am and everyone agreed and went to bed. I was just sleeping regularly, when at 3:59am, Bamby, the only girl who actually treated me as a friend, told me what was wrong and treated me like I was 13 and not 7. She woke me up and told me that they ALMOST FINISHED the prank. So, they woke everyone up except for me and I slept through it, thanks to them. Bamby woke me up and I watched everyone finish up. Thanks people for that. They didn't even care that I wasn't there helping, realizing that everyone except me got up at 3:12am. They made me sleep through it for 40 something minutes, until Bamby finally woke me up, actually caring! Then in the morning when we were talking about it, I tried to emphasize that I didn't get to be apart of it and they ignored me completely. Maria said "Everyone like woke up at the exact same time and we were like okay let's do it" and I replied "I didn't wake up, I'm here too" and they ignored me. So, that's nice. They ignore me, leave me out of a big event, treat me like a child and leave me out of everything possible. The first 2 and a half days, when Riley had problems with her cabin, I thought my cabin was so great, they helped us to even offered to let Riley come and sleep in our cabin, giving up their own beds. I am pretty darn sure they liked Riley better than they did me! That was tragic, and I thought my 8-year-old experience was odd. Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment