Sunday, February 1, 2015

Could Hello Already Mean Goodbye?

Hey Blogger, so last night was very sudden. The night came at a regular time, but things happened unexpectedly. At first, everything was going all normally. We were all trying to chose who was gonna sleep where because we have guests over and Riley couldn't stand me and Auggie, we couldn't stand her, I couldn't stand Lucas and so on. Then randomly Mr Matthews phone rang. "Uh dad, that's your phone" Riley pointed out. "Oh!" Mr Matthews cried, grabbing his phone out. "Hello?" he said. I couldn't hear the conversation completely, only Mr Matthews' side because I was in the same room as him. When he hung up, he looked at everyone. "What?" I asked suddenly and kinda rudely. "Well, Shawn is in the hospital, he was outside and froze out there and has major frost bite and more minor injuries. He is uncontious but still alive. They are rushing him to the hospital right now" Mr Matthews said. Everyone's jaws were dropped in shock. It was silent for a minute or two. "What!?" I yelled. "No way, no no no!" I said. "Yep" Mr Matthews said, then he started bawling his eyes out on Mrs Matthews. He adventually fell asleep and Mrs Matthews carried him to bed. Riley and me hugged each other, crying. Then Mr Matthews phone started ringing and he left it in here. "It's the police" Riley said. "What should I do?" she added. "Well answer it!" I demanded. She pressed 'talk' and went on with the conversation, I could not understand the whole thing. She hung up and looked at me. "What?!" I cried. "Go get my parents" she said. "Mr and Mrs Matthews!!" I yelled from our bed. They both came in, Mrs Matthews was all tired. Mr Matthews was too until Riley said she had news on Shawn, then he sprung wide awake. They both sat down on the bed, right across from me and Riley. "Well, they said Shawn was in critical condition and they tried their bests but they couldn't do anything about it" Riley said. He was gone. We all started crying our eyes out, hugging each other. Then we got another call. Riley picked up the phone and when she got off, she said Shawn was alive, he was just in a coma. "That'll be good news for your father to wake up and hear" Mrs Matthews said. She took Mr Matthews to bed. Then adventually we started talking and got onto the topic of our library books we are reading right now. She read last year, the one that I am reading this year. Then adventually we had to go to bed, Riley suggested. We laid down and turned our backs just because it was more comfortable, she thought I would be offended, but I wasn't. I agreed I had to too, to be comfortable. Then she fell asleep and I couldn't sleep at all. The thought of those ambulance sirens were ringing in my head, and the image of the ambulance rushing down the streets of New York City, it was hard to sleep through it. I know it was all in my head, but the thought that Shawn could be gone was heartbreaking enough, it was getting to my head. All I could think about was never seeing Shawn again, and all the memories. Like the weekend trip we took, Christmas and my birthday. All my best memories wrapped up into one big nightmare. I couldn't sleep, only cry. I tried not to, but the thoughts forced tears out of me and I couldn't help it. Then I stopped crying, I don't think I had anymore tears in me. I sat there, depressed and worried. It's like we almost just met and now he's already gone and we grew so close. He was the only one who understood me. I heard there are many times where people in coma's never wake up. It could be that way, it can't though. It just can't, it would ruin everything. How could this happen? If he never wakes up from that coma, I'm gonna die inside. This can't happen, the thought of it happening and the image of the ambulance and everything like that, it just gets to me. Could hello already mean goodbye? It doesn't have to, but it could. Well thanks for reading and catch up if you really have the time to. If your struggling with something similar to me, well I wouldn't blame ya if I don't hear from you for two months. Well anyways thanks for reading The 100 Problems of Maya Hart, well now it is anway. Check back if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment