Monday, February 2, 2015

Just Like the Enemy

Hey Blogger, so last night was a little bit hard. I heard and saw what Riley was saying and the person who was supporting her. She has one person hating on me, #TeamlessRiley alert. Then so I was crying and then I texted Sarah on Google+ and asked her to come over and help me, because being alone was doing me no favors. So then she did show up and was talking to me on the couch. Then at 9:30pm, we went upstairs to go to bed. Auggie, Riley, Mr and Mrs Matthews were all watching something on TV. Mrs Matthews told me and Sarah about it and we were paying attention and all. Then we were gonna go to bed. "Do you girls wanna stay here and watch with us?" Mrs Matthews asked. "Can Riley leave?" I asked in a complaining voice. "Gosh, seriously!" Mrs Matthews cried. "Bye!" I said turning away as Sarah followed me. "Yeah bye!" Mrs Matthews shouted back. I went into Auggie's room and shut the door as Sarah went to the bathroom. I sat down and started crying. Sarah came in seconds later. "Maya?" she said in a sad tone. "What?" I said crying. Sarah sat down in front of me. "I'm sick of them favoring her over me, sick of it" I whined. "Maya, it's their own kid" Sarah said. "They will always treat their own kid differently than any other, you'll understand when you have your own" she added. "Still, Mrs Matthews doesn't have to be mean to me" I said. "Yes, that's true but I want you to know they are not gonna treat you the same as they treat them, they are their kids" Sarah said. "Every good person I meet leaves and every bad one sticks, like Prissy over there" I said pointing at Riley's room. "Maya, she lives here, she can't leave" Sarah explained. "I know but in general, of course it happens that my enemy has to stay and the people like Auggie and Shawn are gone...one because of her!" I shouted. Sarah told me that life is a path, you start at the beginning and the only way to get to the end is to travel the distance between the beginning and the end. She said she was sorry for Shawn and Auggie and sorry for what Riley did, I mean does. Then she opened the window and we stood by it. "Shawn's fighting for his life, if he can fight why can't you?" she said. "I guess your just like Riley, a non-fighter" Sarah said. "I am nothing like Riley, I could never be that way" I said. "Well that's what she would do..." she said. "I know what your doing, but no matter what I am nothing like her. I'm everything she's not" I said very firmly. "Good, then fight for it" Sarah said. "Okay....fine" I said firmly. We got in bed and laid down. I thought of Shawn, laying there in the hospital in a coma and started crying. Sarah hugged me until I fell asleep, then she said she put my head back in my spot. At 4am, I woke up and went to go to the bathroom, Mrs Matthews was watching TV as Mr Matthews and Auggie slept beside her. I talked to her and she said she was just trying to figure things out. Then she told me to hop along back to bed, I did. I laid there and immediately thought of Shawn again, but this time didn't cry. Then as soon as I woke up this morning, I thought of him again. It happens everytime. So anyway, thanks for reading and be sure to check back on The 99 Problems of Maya Hart again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment