Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Popularity Test

Hey Blogger, so today I did something that I don't normally do. I call it The Popularity Test. So I decided to badazzle myself up to looking like one of those cheap popular girls and see what happens, and test my theory that popularity isn't based on "how nice you are" and stuff that your annoying parents tell you. It's based off who has the coolest clothes and wearing brand names, hair styles and makeup. Was I right? Yes. So I wore stupid brand name stuff that we got from Riley's older cousin, Mackenzie, and straightened my hair flatter than the bathroom floor and went to school like that. So you could probably imagine how I looked, pin straight thin hair and stupid pink brand name stuff and so guess what happens? First period we had gym class. We had to get into partners and as soon as the teacher said "Go!" one of the two most popular girls in my class immediately said "Maya, wanna be my partner" and I of course agreed. So it was me and her for badmintion, then we were called on to get into a group of 4 so we went with her best friend's group. Yeah, she partnered with me before her best (popular) friend. So then we were in a group of 4 and then after gym, I went to english when I got buzzed to the office to get my penicl case I left at the Matthews' apartment. So then I went to my locker to drop off my science homework (I also forgot at the Matthews') and the other one of the two most popular girls were there. "Maya, I love your hair!" she said. "Thanks" I replied. "Is it naturally curly?" she asked. "Yeah, so it takes longer to straighten than to curl, that's why I usually don't do it this way" I replied. "Well it looks cute!" she said. I smiled as she walked to class. Then I can't remember what happened after that, the point is, wearing hair like the popular girls and brand name clothing is what makes popularity what it is, not being nice to everyone and making the world a better place with the golden rule! That's how parents see it, and that's wrong. I proved them wrong with the scientific test and have living breathing proof! This doesn't really have a lesson behind it, but honestly don't wear clothes you don't like and do your hair the way everyone else does, even if you don't like it because it's not worth it. If being popular is that important, do me and yourself a favor and don't drag on about it because if they don't like you for you, that's their problem not yours. Okay there is a lesson behind this. So anyway, thanks for reading The 99 Problems of Maya Hart and be sure to check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment